Subject: bug#22093: closed (bug#22093: I see bug#22093 in 24.5 but not in 25)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2015 21:09:03 +0000

Your bug report

#22093: 24.5; OS X Rendering issue when font size is changed

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22093: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22093
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: bug#22093: I see bug#22093 in 24.5 but not in 25
From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 22:08:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed, as this problem is only seen in 24.5 -- neither 24.4 nor 25 is
affected.

    -- Anders Lindgren

Subject: 24.5; Rendering issue when font size is changed
From: Scott Raine <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 10:37:03 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When changing font size, either through M-x customize-face or the
Options > Set Default Font... menu, it will cause the buffer to zoom
slightly. When you begin to scroll and the window redraws, it will cause
the buffer to appear stretched and distorted. Changing the font back to
the default size fixes this issue.

Image attached:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7841264/11562707/95b04018-99c7-11e5-8209-3e132e53b027.png

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0, NS apple-appkit-1404.13)
of 2015-11-29 on Scotts-MBP
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
`configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
--without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
value of $LC_CTYPE: en_GB.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
diff-hl-dired-mode: t
global-linum-mode: t
linum-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
TeX-PDF-mode: t
global-flycheck-mode: t
which-function-mode: t
global-company-mode: t
company-mode: t
helm-mode: t
helm-descbinds-mode: t
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
flx-ido-mode: t
ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
erc-truncate-mode: t
erc-spelling-mode: t
erc-list-mode: t
erc-menu-mode: t
erc-autojoin-mode: t
erc-ring-mode: t
erc-networks-mode: t
erc-pcomplete-mode: t
erc-track-mode: t
erc-match-mode: t
erc-button-mode: t
erc-fill-mode: t
erc-stamp-mode: t
erc-netsplit-mode: t
erc-irccontrols-mode: t
erc-noncommands-mode: t
erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
erc-readonly-mode: t
global-diff-hl-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
winner-mode: t
global-undo-tree-mode: t
global-anzu-mode: t
anzu-mode: t
projectile-global-mode: t
projectile-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
volatile-highlights-mode: t
global-hl-line-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
show-smartparens-global-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
prelude-global-mode: t
prelude-mode: t
beacon-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
size-indication-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Key Chord mode on
Loading /Users/nylar/.emacs.d/prelude-modules.el (source)...done
Loading personal configuration files in /Users/nylar/.emacs.d/personal...
Loading /Users/nylar/.emacs.d/personal/custom.el (source)...done
Prelude is ready to do thy bidding, Master nylar!
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
ls does not support --dired; see `dired-use-ls-dired' for more details.
Prelude tip: Press <jl> quickly to jump to a visible line.
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [2 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/Users/nylar/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20151202.2119/helm-multi-match hides 
/Users/nylar/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20151123.253/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils helm-command vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired company-anaconda anaconda-mode pythonic f s
ucs-normalize tramp-sh python-el-fgallina-expansions smartparens-python
python rainbow-mode color rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav guru-mode
linum paren ujelly-theme prelude-yaml prelude-xml nxml-mode-expansions
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-web web-mode-expansions web-mode
disp-table prelude-scss prelude-shell sh-script executable
prelude-scheme geiser prelude-scala prelude-ruby prelude-python
prelude-perl prelude-org prelude-ocaml flycheck-ocaml merlin-compat
merlin-cap merlin-company merlin tq utop utop-minor-mode caml
tuareg_indent tuareg speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe smie caml-help
caml-types caml-emacs prelude-latex company-auctex yasnippet
latex-mode-expansions latex tex-style tex crm smartparens-latex
prelude-js js2-mode-expansions js2-mode js2-old-indent
html-mode-expansions smartparens-html sgml-mode js-mode-expansions js
json cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs prelude-haskell prelude-go
go-projectile vc-git go-rename go-eldoc go-mode find-file prelude-elixir
prelude-erlang erlang-start prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-css
prelude-common-lisp prelude-coffee prelude-clojure prelude-lisp
prelude-c prelude-programming flycheck find-func help-mode subr-x
which-func prelude-key-chord key-chord prelude-company company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
prelude-helm-everywhere helm-mode helm-descbinds helm-eshell helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug prelude-helm helm-projectile helm-files rx image-dired
dired-aux ffap helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-buffers helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin helm-elscreen helm-utils helm-locate helm-help helm-types
helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib helm-config helm-easymenu
async-bytecomp async helm-aliases prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx
ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ prelude-erc erc-truncate
erc-autoaway erc-spelling erc-notify erc-log erc-list erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell prelude-global-keybindings
prelude-editor operate-on-number calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs diff-hl smartrep vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode
easy-mmode winner undo-tree diff esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
re-builder whitespace tabify browse-kill-ring derived midnight
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util ediff dired-x dired anzu avy projectile grep compile ibuf-ext
ibuffer bookmark pp expand-region text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom flyspell
ispell tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
format-spec rect etags ring volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf
tree-widget wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish edmacro kmacro
smartparens-config smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode
prelude-core imenu epl ido pcase ov dash thingatpt prelude-ui beacon seq
smart-mode-line mule-util rich-minority zenburn-theme prelude-custom
prelude-packages finder-inf tex-site eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core go-mode-autoloads advice help-fns
slime-autoloads cl-macs info easymenu package epg-config cl gv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 648637 283962)
(symbols 48 63668 6)
(miscs 40 373 808)
(strings 32 150661 269327)
(string-bytes 1 4328171)
(vectors 16 79832)
(vector-slots 8 1188185 122843)
(floats 8 437 738)
(intervals 56 889 893)
(buffers 960 15))