Subject: bug#22080: 24.5; Prevent ERC accidental paste by default?

From: Josuah Demangeon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 04:03:15 +0100

M-: (require 'erc) RET
C-h v erc-accidental-paste-threshold-seconds RET

This indicate that erc-accidental-paste-threshold-seconds is nil by
default.  A common beginner mistake is to accidentaly paste text into
ERC.  Setting this variable may prevent many of these mistakes (Like I
did, reason of this report).

Whatever you choose, I'm grateful for your attention.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-10 on foutrelis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or semantic-highlight-edits-mode semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode)  S)))
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  ruler-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Blank line - ignoring... [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Quit
Mark set
let*: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit [3 times]
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Mark activated

Load-path shadows:
/home/sshbio/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-20151121.1017/seq hides /home/sshbio/.emacs.d/packages/seq/seq
/home/sshbio/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20151021.113/dash hides /home/sshbio/.emacs.d/packages/dash/dash

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail warnings face-remap rect calccomp calc-arith
calc-prog calc-ext tabify calc-menu calc-aent calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs org-table org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m finder-inf view woman man
pdf-sync pdf-annot pdf-outline pdf-links pdf-history pdf-occur tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-start cus-load pdf-view
bookmark pdf-cache pdf-util pdf-info tq let-alist doc-view jka-compr
image-mode debug appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe two-column iso-transl dired-aux tron-theme shell
follow net-utils pcmpl-unix log-edit pcvs-util add-log vc-bzr vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher em-unix em-script em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-basic em-banner em-alias timezone pcase
vc-git dired ibuf-ext ibuffer ispell url-queue dabbrev url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth eww mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util sort gnus-cite
smiley shr-color shr browse-url mm-archive mail-extr gnus-bcklg qp
gnus-async gnus-ml nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 gnutls nnimap parse-time
utf7 netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache my-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils network-stream starttls tls colir color whitespace
linum ruler-mode init my-org ob-ditaa ob-plantuml ob-R ob-python
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs my-eshell em-smart
em-cmpl em-term term ehelp em-prompt esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util my-keys my-alias my-modes flycheck find-func subr-x seq
erc-desktop-notifications notifications dbus xml erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec pp elec-pair
completion hl-line paren my-variables my-config server yasnippet
help-mode bongo mule-util lastfm-submit rx undo-tree diff cl ace-window
avy counsel etags ring swiper ivy derived easy-mmode cl-macs gv edmacro
kmacro delsel ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib my-appearance
advice help-fns disp-table my-theme my-defuns dash waher-theme info
easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 841384 229594)
 (symbols 48 73512 71)
 (miscs 40 420 1992)
 (strings 32 231362 17971)
 (string-bytes 1 8674929)
 (vectors 16 65712)
 (vector-slots 8 1858741 225383)
 (floats 8 3554 1824)
 (intervals 56 6306 3108)
 (buffers 960 94)
 (heap 1024 111596 15185))