Subject: Re: bug#22068: 25.0.50; Delayed reaction to switching frames?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:23:14 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 20:58:10 +0100
> 
> >> When I call the function it does call, that call does not return if it
> >> gets switch-frame events.  IOW, the function that asks the question
> >> doesn't know the frame was switched, and cannot do what David probably
> >> wants: switch frame and reissue the question.
> >
> > OK.  But how can we get rid of that "switch-frame-" echo at least?
> 
> If the function is not supposed to return switch-frame events, why
> doesn't it _act_ on them then?

According to documentation, it does act on them, only later:

  Optional fourth argument CAN-RETURN-SWITCH-FRAME non-nil means that
  this function will process a switch-frame event if the user switches
  frames before typing anything.  If the user switches frames in the
  middle of a key sequence, or at the start of the sequence but
  CAN-RETURN-SWITCH-FRAME is nil, then the event will be put off until
  after the current key sequence.