Subject: Re: bug#22068: 25.0.50; Delayed reaction to switching frames?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:56:18 +0200

> Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 18:44:10 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  > Could this have something to do with the fact that read-char-choice
>  > calls read-key-sequence-vector with the CAN-RETURN-SWITCH-FRAME
>  > argument nil?
> 
> When I do a simple (y-or-no-p "") in a single frame emacs -Q and click
> the left mouse button, it also gets echoed as "down-mouse-1".  But this
> echo disappears almost instantaneously.  With two frames and a click in
> the "wrong" frame the echo is persistent.

The function in question doesn't call y-or-no-p, AFAICT.

When I call the function it does call, that call does not return if it
gets switch-frame events.  IOW, the function that asks the question
doesn't know the frame was switched, and cannot do what David probably
wants: switch frame and reissue the question.