Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#22067: bug#22067: bug#20062: bug#20062: [PATCH] diff: add support for --color

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 13:22:54 -0800

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Giuseppe Scrivano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Yes. It's in the queue, but first I'll make releases for grep and gzip.
>> sed is also overdue. Any help with triaging things in the bug
>> lists would be most welcome:
>>
>>   http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=diffutils
>
> I went through the open bugs (I skipped the ones already on wishlist)
> and this is what I've found:

[... lots of triage! ...]

Wow!!!
Thank you for all that work. I have no excuse to delay, now :-)

For anything that is obviously not a bug, you are welcome (encouraged,
even) to mark them as such and to close them in the bug db.

I suppose you know how to do that? One way is to reply to the affected
message and to include something like this at the top of it:

Here's an example that merges two bugs, tags as NOTABUG, and closes.
    forcemerge 7354 7353
    tags 7353 notabug
    close 7353
    thanks

Or just send that text to [email-masked]. Anyone can do that.

If you just want to close a bug, it's easy to do that with a reply to
the original where you change the auto-provided [email-masked]
recipient address to be [email-masked]

Thanks again.
I will take time to go through any you do not close/resolve within the
next few days.

Thanks again,
Jim