Subject: bug#22067: [bug-diffutils] bug#22067: bug#20062: bug#20062: [PATCH] diff: add support for --color

From: Giuseppe Scrivano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:45:56 +0100

Gisle Vanem <[email-masked]> writes:

> Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:
>
>> thanks for your patches.  Is it fine for you if we keep bug-diffutils in
>> the loop?
>
> Sure. I forgot it was in the CC-list.
> Attached again; wincolor.c + diff-1.txt.
> Excused my diff format; I'm a "git n00b". Hope you figure it out.

cannot talk for the diff maintainers, but personally I would split it
two patches: one that fixes the build on Windows, I would not care to
disable them as in any case the user specifies when to use them or not;
and another patch that adds the support for colors on Windows.

In this way the first one could be applied immediately and there is more
time to review the second one which adds support for colors on Windows.

Anyway, let's wait for the maintainers' opinion about it.  My previous
patch is also waiting to be applied.

Regards,
Giuseppe