Subject: bug#22066: 24.5; documentation for "values" is not accurate

From: Shiyao Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 13:48:07 +0800

Hi,

the documentation of "values" (c-h v values) is not accurate.

(setq x 1) C-x C-e
values C-x C-e

In the above form, values is "nil". However, per the doc, "values"
should be (1).

On the other side, M-: does work.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1348.17)
 of 2015-08-11 on Mango
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs --without-dbus
 --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  evil-jumper-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
ad-handle-definition: `evil-mode' got redefined
ad-handle-definition: `find-tag-noselect' got redefined
Loading term/xterm...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort my-gnus gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils xterm elisp-slime-nav help-mode etags
eldoc my-conf my-lisp finder-inf time-date which-key my-evil evil-jumper
evil-leader evil evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core byte-opt advice help-fns evil-common
windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring my-graphics
use-package diminish bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv bind-key
easy-mmode info easymenu package epg-config edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs
cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 170015 106620)
 (symbols 48 25644 62)
 (miscs 40 32 174)
 (strings 32 36325 89256)
 (string-bytes 1 969614)
 (vectors 16 17041)
 (vector-slots 8 432858 68571)
 (floats 8 81 444)
 (intervals 56 198 78)
 (buffers 960 12))