Subject: 25.1.50; Fringe faces or not honored in 25.1.50.1 on OSX 10.11 installed via homebrew --use-git-head --cocoa

From: Julien Wintz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:35:39 +0100

Hello,

I am using flycheck to display errors in various programing languages on
the fly. For a minimal setup reproducing the bug, I have run emacs -Q,
enabled flycheck in emacs-lisp-mode.

Fringe indicators are supposed to be displayed on the line of errors and
colored according to their type: error, warning or info, with a
dedicated face. For some reason, 25.1.50.1 chooses an arbitrary color (I
suspect the one of the first indicator encountered) and colors them all
with the same face.

Here are some relevant links with screenshots:

- https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck/issues/811
- https://github.com/Sarcasm/flycheck-irony/issues/13

How could I debug this ?

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0, NS appkit-1404.13 Version 10.11.1 (Build 15B42))
 of 2015-11-20
Repository revision: 5c81fd58e32d965c2551663622e084f2800e1e90
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
 --without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  company-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading package helm-flycheck
Loading package helm-c-yasnippet
Loading package magit
Loading package git-gutter
Loading package git-gutter-fringe
Loading package projectile
Loading package helm-projectile
ad-handle-definition: ‘tramp-read-passwd’ got redefined
Turn on helm-projectile key bindings
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jwintz/.emacs.d/prolusion-elpa/helm-20151126.607/helm-multi-match hides /Users/jwintz/.emacs.d/prolusion-elpa/helm-core-20151123.253/helm-multi-match
/Users/jwintz/.emacs.d/prolusion-elpa/cmake-mode-20151012.726/cmake-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/Users/jwintz/.emacs.d/prolusion-elpa/irony-20151016.1420/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/HEAD/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils company-files
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-irony
irony-completion irony-snippet company-irony-c-headers irony company
rainbow-delimiters prolusion-builtins prolusion-projectile
helm-projectile helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-external helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-buffers
helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin helm-elscreen helm-utils helm-locate
helm-help helm-types helm easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat
helm-multi-match helm-lib dired projectile grep compile comint
ansi-color ibuf-ext ibuffer prolusion-vc git-gutter prolusion-www
prolusion-narrowing prolusion-scoping xcscope ring prolusion-checking
flycheck find-func rx subr-x prolusion-completion prolusion-irony
prolusion-snippets yasnippet cl prolusion-modes prolusion-editor
undo-tree diff hl-line smartparens-config smartparens advice thingatpt
dash whitespace prolusion-eshell exec-path-from-shell prolusion-behavior
edmacro kmacro diminish beacon seq which-key autorevert filenotify
recentf tree-widget wid-edit savehist prolusion-packages finder-inf info
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util mm-util
help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars package easymenu epg-config prolusion-ui prolusion-dark-theme
prolusion time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 303332 15787)
 (symbols 48 36985 0)
 (miscs 40 58 134)
 (strings 32 79504 10458)
 (string-bytes 1 2350352)
 (vectors 16 37853)
 (vector-slots 8 697579 3964)
 (floats 8 449 253)
 (intervals 56 290 0)
 (buffers 976 12))