Subject: Re: bug#22060: 25.1.50; Fringe faces or not honored in 25.1.50.1 on OSX 10.11 installed via homebrew --use-git-head --cocoa

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:48:08 +0100

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 07:40:17PM +0000, Henrik Nyman wrote:
> Referred to this issue at:
> 
>   https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck/issues/811#issuecomment-296476404
> 
> 
> I hope this helps with creating a proper fix.

I’ve pushed a fix to the master branch. Can you please give it a try?

> (there probably was a reason to save the foreground color in a
> member variable in the first place).

I think the old code just looked at the alpha channel to determine
whether any particular pixel was background or foreground, but the new
code uses the actual colour value.

If you then change the foreground colour, you have to look for that
new colour the next time you want to change it.

I’m not really sure why that specific change was made. I can only
assume that the alpha channel isn’t always a perfect guide.
-- 
Alan Third