Subject: RE: bug#22058: 25.1.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:22:44 -0800 (PST)

> > > Such a stack trace offers nothing actionable.
> >
> > Is there a simple way for me to recognize that, from the
> > backtrace?
> 
> A good rule of thumb is: if the backtrace includes this pair of lines:
> 
> > Exception 0xc0000005 at this address:
> > 774374f6
> 
> and if the address starts with 7, then we will not be able to convert
> it to any meaningful address in the Emacs application code.  (The
> exception code does not need to be 0xc0000005, although it usually
> is.)

Excellent.  Wish I'd have known that long ago.  How about mentioning
this in (emacs) `Crashing'?

Or perhaps the code that creates the emacs_backtrace.txt file could
just print a message in such a case, saying that no useful backtrace
file could be created?