Subject: bug#22057: Sort missing feature proposed

From: Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 17:44:42 -0500

tag 22057 notabug
close 22057
stop

Hello Federico,

On 11/29/2015 04:33 PM, Saint Michael wrote:
> I suggest that we add a new flag to Sort, to skip certain number of lines from the sorting and copy them verbatim to the output,
>

This feature has been previously discussed, and the current thought is not to add this functionality to sort,
as a combination of head/sed with sort are already sufficient to perform the task.

Please see discussion at the current list of pendong Coreutils items:
   http://www.pixelbeat.org/patches/coreutils/inbox_dec_2014.html
previous discussion here:
   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2014-11/msg00022.html
and various examples of how to achieve the same using sed/head:
   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2013-01/msg00034.html

regards,
  - assaf