Subject: Please help me, Emacs crashing randomly (stack trace attached, compiled with debugging flags enabled)

From: abelardojarab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:20:07 -0700 (MST)

I am using Emacs with configuration from:
https://github.com/abelardojarab/emacsfull

I compiled Emacs with -O0 -g3, as recommended.

The way to reproduce the error is:

Get an Emacs 24.4 or 24.5 with that was compiled with debug flags -O0 -g3.

Start Emacs from 'gdb'. Work for sometime and Emacs will randomly crash both
in Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

Next I typed 'bt' in 'gdb' to get the stack. The error will appear as the
code below.

Please help, I am trying also to help Emacs to become best text editor.
Here it goes:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000005b7760 in do_symval_forwarding (valcontents=0x57bcce0) at
data.c:908
908           XSETINT (val, *XINTFWD (valcontents)->intvar);                    
(gdb) bt                                                                        
#0  0x00000000005b7760 in do_symval_forwarding (valcontents=0x57bcce0) at
data.c:908
#1  0x00000000005b8243 in swap_in_symval_forwarding (symbol=0x1ee8f30,
blv=0x58f8650) at data.c:1134
#2  0x00000000005b8423 in find_symbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1182                        
#3  0x00000000005b8485 in Fsymbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1200                            
#4  0x0000000000562328 in set_buffer_internal_1 (b=0x523e400) at
buffer.c:2075                      
#5  0x0000000000449541 in with_echo_area_buffer (w=0x1228bc0, which=1,
fn=0x449e74 <display_echo_area_1>, a1=19041216, a2=0) at xdisp.c:10480
#6  0x0000000000449e28 in display_echo_area (w=0x1228bc0) at xdisp.c:10684                                                                   
#7  0x000000000044aecd in echo_area_display (update_frame_p=false) at
xdisp.c:11178                                                          
#8  0x000000000044ffbb in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13478                                                                             
#9  0x000000000045140f in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=8) at
xdisp.c:14032                                                       
#10 0x000000000054cd5d in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
at keyboard.c:9832                                               
#11 0x00000000006259a9 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=1,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=0, wait_proc=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0)
    at process.c:4967
#12 0x000000000041a8d7 in sit_for (timeout=6, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5756
#13 0x000000000053e798 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=13661651,
prev_event=98, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffceef, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2628
#14 0x000000000054b55f in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffffd0a0,
bufsize=30, prompt=0, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9030
#15 0x000000000053b96d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1348
#16 0x00000000005d26dd in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x53b563
<command_loop_1>, handlers=17424, hfun=0x53ad4d <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#17 0x000000000053b26a in command_loop_2 (ignore=0) at keyboard.c:1088
#18 0x00000000005d1e9f in internal_catch (tag=43584, func=0x53b241
<command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1073
#19 0x000000000053b20c in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1067
#20 0x000000000053a915 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:673
#21 0x000000000053aaa9 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:744
#22 0x00000000005389a9 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffd518) at emacs.c:1643
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00000000005b7760 in do_symval_forwarding (valcontents=0x57bcce0) at
data.c:908
#1  0x00000000005b8243 in swap_in_symval_forwarding (symbol=0x1ee8f30,
blv=0x58f8650) at data.c:1134
#2  0x00000000005b8423 in find_symbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1182
#3  0x00000000005b8485 in Fsymbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1200
#4  0x0000000000562328 in set_buffer_internal_1 (b=0x523e400) at
buffer.c:2075
#5  0x0000000000449541 in with_echo_area_buffer (w=0x1228bc0, which=1,
fn=0x449e74 <display_echo_area_1>, a1=19041216, a2=0) at xdisp.c:10480
#6  0x0000000000449e28 in display_echo_area (w=0x1228bc0) at xdisp.c:10684
#7  0x000000000044aecd in echo_area_display (update_frame_p=false) at
xdisp.c:11178
#8  0x000000000044ffbb in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13478
#9  0x000000000045140f in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=8) at
xdisp.c:14032
#10 0x000000000054cd5d in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
at keyboard.c:9832
#11 0x00000000006259a9 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=1,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=0, wait_proc=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0)
    at process.c:4967
#12 0x000000000041a8d7 in sit_for (timeout=6, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5756
#13 0x000000000053e798 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=13661651,
prev_event=98, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffceef, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2628
#14 0x000000000054b55f in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffffd0a0,
bufsize=30, prompt=0, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9030
#15 0x000000000053b96d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1348
#16 0x00000000005d26dd in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x53b563
<command_loop_1>, handlers=17424, hfun=0x53ad4d <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#17 0x000000000053b26a in command_loop_2 (ignore=0) at keyboard.c:1088
#18 0x00000000005d1e9f in internal_catch (tag=43584, func=0x53b241
<command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1073
#19 0x000000000053b20c in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1067
#20 0x000000000053a915 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:673
#21 0x000000000053aaa9 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:744
#22 0x00000000005389a9 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffd518) at emacs.c:1643
(gdb)

--
View this message in context: http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/Please-help-me-Emacs-crashing-randomly-stack-trace-attached-compiled-with-debugging-flags-enabled-tp378737.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.