Subject: bug#22056: closed (Re: bug#22056: Please help me, Emacs crashing randomly (stack trace attached, compiled with debugging flags enabled))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 19:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22056: Please help me, Emacs crashing randomly (stack trace attached, compiled with debugging flags enabled)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22056: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22056
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22056: Please help me, Emacs crashing randomly (stack trace attached, compiled with debugging flags enabled)
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 14:34:26 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

A year has passed and I can't see this report leading anywhere, so I am
closing it.

Subject: Please help me, Emacs crashing randomly (stack trace attached, compiled with debugging flags enabled)
From: abelardojarab <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:20:07 -0700 (MST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am using Emacs with configuration from:
https://github.com/abelardojarab/emacsfull

I compiled Emacs with -O0 -g3, as recommended.

The way to reproduce the error is:

Get an Emacs 24.4 or 24.5 with that was compiled with debug flags -O0 -g3.

Start Emacs from 'gdb'. Work for sometime and Emacs will randomly crash both
in Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

Next I typed 'bt' in 'gdb' to get the stack. The error will appear as the
code below.

Please help, I am trying also to help Emacs to become best text editor.
Here it goes:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000005b7760 in do_symval_forwarding (valcontents=0x57bcce0) at
data.c:908
908           XSETINT (val, *XINTFWD (valcontents)->intvar);                    
(gdb) bt                                                                        
#0  0x00000000005b7760 in do_symval_forwarding (valcontents=0x57bcce0) at
data.c:908
#1  0x00000000005b8243 in swap_in_symval_forwarding (symbol=0x1ee8f30,
blv=0x58f8650) at data.c:1134
#2  0x00000000005b8423 in find_symbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1182                        
#3  0x00000000005b8485 in Fsymbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1200                            
#4  0x0000000000562328 in set_buffer_internal_1 (b=0x523e400) at
buffer.c:2075                      
#5  0x0000000000449541 in with_echo_area_buffer (w=0x1228bc0, which=1,
fn=0x449e74 <display_echo_area_1>, a1=19041216, a2=0) at xdisp.c:10480
#6  0x0000000000449e28 in display_echo_area (w=0x1228bc0) at xdisp.c:10684                                                                   
#7  0x000000000044aecd in echo_area_display (update_frame_p=false) at
xdisp.c:11178                                                          
#8  0x000000000044ffbb in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13478                                                                             
#9  0x000000000045140f in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=8) at
xdisp.c:14032                                                       
#10 0x000000000054cd5d in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
at keyboard.c:9832                                               
#11 0x00000000006259a9 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=1,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=0, wait_proc=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0)
    at process.c:4967
#12 0x000000000041a8d7 in sit_for (timeout=6, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5756
#13 0x000000000053e798 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=13661651,
prev_event=98, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffceef, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2628
#14 0x000000000054b55f in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffffd0a0,
bufsize=30, prompt=0, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9030
#15 0x000000000053b96d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1348
#16 0x00000000005d26dd in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x53b563
<command_loop_1>, handlers=17424, hfun=0x53ad4d <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#17 0x000000000053b26a in command_loop_2 (ignore=0) at keyboard.c:1088
#18 0x00000000005d1e9f in internal_catch (tag=43584, func=0x53b241
<command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1073
#19 0x000000000053b20c in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1067
#20 0x000000000053a915 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:673
#21 0x000000000053aaa9 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:744
#22 0x00000000005389a9 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffd518) at emacs.c:1643
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00000000005b7760 in do_symval_forwarding (valcontents=0x57bcce0) at
data.c:908
#1  0x00000000005b8243 in swap_in_symval_forwarding (symbol=0x1ee8f30,
blv=0x58f8650) at data.c:1134
#2  0x00000000005b8423 in find_symbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1182
#3  0x00000000005b8485 in Fsymbol_value (symbol=19519680) at data.c:1200
#4  0x0000000000562328 in set_buffer_internal_1 (b=0x523e400) at
buffer.c:2075
#5  0x0000000000449541 in with_echo_area_buffer (w=0x1228bc0, which=1,
fn=0x449e74 <display_echo_area_1>, a1=19041216, a2=0) at xdisp.c:10480
#6  0x0000000000449e28 in display_echo_area (w=0x1228bc0) at xdisp.c:10684
#7  0x000000000044aecd in echo_area_display (update_frame_p=false) at
xdisp.c:11178
#8  0x000000000044ffbb in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13478
#9  0x000000000045140f in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=8) at
xdisp.c:14032
#10 0x000000000054cd5d in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
at keyboard.c:9832
#11 0x00000000006259a9 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=1,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=0, wait_proc=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0)
    at process.c:4967
#12 0x000000000041a8d7 in sit_for (timeout=6, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5756
#13 0x000000000053e798 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=13661651,
prev_event=98, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffceef, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2628
#14 0x000000000054b55f in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffffd0a0,
bufsize=30, prompt=0, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true, prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9030
#15 0x000000000053b96d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1348
#16 0x00000000005d26dd in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x53b563
<command_loop_1>, handlers=17424, hfun=0x53ad4d <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#17 0x000000000053b26a in command_loop_2 (ignore=0) at keyboard.c:1088
#18 0x00000000005d1e9f in internal_catch (tag=43584, func=0x53b241
<command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1073
#19 0x000000000053b20c in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1067
#20 0x000000000053a915 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:673
#21 0x000000000053aaa9 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:744
#22 0x00000000005389a9 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffd518) at emacs.c:1643
(gdb)

--
View this message in context: http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/Please-help-me-Emacs-crashing-randomly-stack-trace-attached-compiled-with-debugging-flags-enabled-tp378737.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.