Subject: Re: bug#22055: Some Elpa packages don't provide a feature

From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:57:57 +0000

On 29 Nov 2015 7:34 pm, "Jonas Bernoulli" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The following Elpa packages do not provide a feature: `ada-ref-man',
> `transcribe', and `uni-confusables'.  I believe all packages should
> contain a library which provides the appropriate feature.
>
> `transcribe' additionally violates many other conventions.  The various
> section headers lack the space after the semicolons.  Not a single
> symbol is properly prefixed or documented.  It should probably be
> removed.

I believe Stefan fixed the lack of a provide. And the author has been
notified of other issues as well.

> `load-relative' also doesn't provide its feature using `provide', but
> that is intentional - it uses the alternative `provide-me' form, which
> it itself defines.

I can't see the benefit but I also can't see the harm. Did it affect you
negatively in any way?