Subject: bug#22052: emacs crashes at run

From: Amin Shah Gilani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:20:26 +0500

Emacs crashes at run on Elementary OS - Freya, based on Ubuntu 14.04. This
was my time using it, so i installed it and it crashed in my face

Here's the log from ~/.xsession-errors:

X protocol error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) on protocol
request 140
When compiled with GTK, Emacs cannot recover from X disconnects.
This is a GTK bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=85715
For details, see etc/PROBLEMS.

(emacs24:9202): GLib-WARNING **: g_main_context_prepare() called
recursively from within a source's check() or prepare() member.

(emacs24:9202): GLib-WARNING **: g_main_context_check() called recursively
from within a source's check() or prepare() member.

Backtrace:
/usr/bin/emacs24[0x4f74cb]
/usr/bin/emacs24[0x4dcf3e]
/usr/bin/emacs24[0x4f7513]
/usr/bin/emacs24[0x4b219b]
/usr/bin/emacs24[0x4b420c]
/usr/bin/emacs24[0x4b426d]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(_XError+0x12b)[0x7fd7a0a1c54b]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(+0x3b5e7)[0x7fd7a0a195e7]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(+0x3b695)[0x7fd7a0a19695]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(_XEventsQueued+0x55)[0x7fd7a0a19fc5]
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6(XPending+0x4d)[0x7fd7a0a0c12d]
...
Window manager warning: last_focus_time (4337747) is greater than
comparison timestamp (4337746).  This most likely represents a buggy client
sending inaccurate timestamps in messages such as _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW.
Trying to work around...
Window manager warning: Log level 16: STACK_OP_LOWER_BELOW: sibling window
0x3e0006b not in stack

​Sincerely

*Amin Shah GilaniTeam Payload*

*Phone <00923454007755> | Keybase <https://keybase.io/gilani> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/amingilani>*