Subject: 24.5; Unnecessary comments in term.el

From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 00:37:34 +0200

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.2)
 of 2015-10-24 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

I investigate /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/term.el.gz implementation and read
comments in file header.

This one:

  ;;             ----------------------------------------
  ;;
  ;;  If you'd like to check out my complete configuration, you can download
  ;; it from http://www.polito.it/~s64912/things.html, it's ~500k in size and
  ;; contains my .cshrc, .emacs and my whole site-lisp subdirectory.  (notice
  ;; that this term.el may be newer/older than the one in there, please
  ;; check!)
  ;;
  ;;  This complete configuration contains, among other things, a complete
  ;; rectangular marking solution (based on rect-mark.el and
  ;; pc-bindings.el) and should be a good example of how extensively Emacs
  ;; can be configured on a ppp-connected ws.
  ;;
  ;;             ----------------------------------------

is useless for any reader. Even provided link is dead.

I respect author who wrote these lines but please remove them as they
only take time from reader without giving anything useful.

-- 
Best regards!