Subject: Re: bug#22003: 24.5; *vc-dir* show ignored files for Mercurial

From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 17:02:00 +0300

On 2016-05-08, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

>> With the behavior of x it's the same - this got changed in 25.
>>
>> I don't mind showing *modified* ignored by default.
>
> OK, maybe this bug can be closed. Oleksandr, could you try a pretest build of
> Emacs 25 and see if it behaves better for you?

I build Emacs from:

  $ git co emacs-25.0.93

It work fine for my use cases:

  1) When I open VC buffer, then unmodified file in Mercurial repo and save
  modification to file and refresh VC buffer it takes in account .hgignore
  file.

  2) When I open VC buffer, revert file in Mercurial repo by `vc-revert' in
  account .hgignore file.

With GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (build for Debian) in both cases I see hundreds of
"ignored" files that covered by `.hgignore' patterns.

So issue resolved. Thanks! I wait for release of v25.1.

-- 
http://defun.work/