Subject: Re: bug#22002: 24.3; segmentation fault

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:55:43 -0800

>>>>> Peter Anderson <[email-masked]> writes:

> I went to go run emacs via "emacs introgaugetheory.tex" and received the
> following error.

> Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
> Backtrace:
> /usr/bin/emacs[0x4f88ab]
> /usr/bin/emacs[0x4de47e]
> /usr/bin/emacs[0x4f74ae]
> /usr/bin/emacs[0x4f7613]

Would it be possible to rebuild your Emacs with debugging enabled, so that we
can see the exact location of the error? It looks like your executable has
been stripped, so there's really no way to determine what might have gone
wrong.

Alternatively, could you send me "introgaugetheory.tex", and let me know
whether you have AucTeX installed? I can at least try opening it here.

I imagine this happens every time you open the file? Which font are you using,
and do you know the file encoding of your TeX document?

John