Subject: Re: bug#22000: Patch addressing the menu-bar frame-resize interaction

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 13:29:16 +0100 (BST)

> Fine.  Would scrolling be drivable by mouse and/or the keyboard?

You can still select the widgets by the usual M-` or <f10> followed by
arrow keys or similar - I don't think there's a key bound to scrolling
the menu bar by default but there's no reason we couldn't bind suitable
keys.

> (emacs25:16785): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type
> GtkBox to a GtkMenuItem, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkMenuItem can only
> contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type
> GtkAccelLabel
>
> from Bug#28106 points at us doing something silly when adding a menu
> item and

Probably unrelated. Souns like adding a a menu item into a "slot"
in the menu where an item already exists. I can have a look
but unless it turns out to be straightforward I won't have a much
time for this for at least a couple of weeks.

> (emacs25:16785): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_device_grab_add: assertion
> 'GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)' failed
>
> seems completely unrelated but who knows ...

Also unrelated, I would say. I have less idea about what could
cause this one.