Subject: RE: bug#22000: Patch addressing the menu-bar frame-resize interaction

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 16:58:37 -0700 (PDT)

> > FWIW - AFAIK, it is not Emacs convention to add a blank line 
> > between the first and second lines of text in a doc string.
> 
> Quite a few of doc strings do leave an empty line there, and I find
> nothing wrong with that.

There are quite a few places in Emacs where things
are done in a less than ideal or conventional way.
Nothing-wrong versus room-for-improvement, perhaps.

FWIW, to me, *Help* output like this, for
`whitespace-toggle-option-alist', is less than ideal:

-----------------------------
Alist of toggle options.

Each element has the form:

   (CHAR . SYMBOL)

Where:

CHAR	is a char which the user will have to type.

SYMBOL	is a valid symbol associated with CHAR.
	See 'whitespace-style-value-list'.
-----------------------------

This is clearer, IMO:

-----------------------------
Alist of toggle options.
Each element has the form (CHAR . SYMBOL), where:
 CHAR   is a char which the user will have to type.
 SYMBOL is a valid symbol associated with CHAR.
        See `whitespace-style-value-list'.
-----------------------------