Subject: bug#22000: Patch addressing the menu-bar frame-resize interaction

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 18:21:04 +0200

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:44:21 +0100 (BST) Vivek Dasmohapatra <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> There are a couple of visual oddities: when the `menu-bar-scrollbar'
>> frame parameter has the value nil or `forced-resize' (or when the item
>
> Could you grab screenshots (just the rectangle around the glitch will
> suffice - don't need the whole X window or screen)?
>
> Makes it easier to compare/debug/etc.

Here's a screenshot showing the the menu and tool bars in Emacs without
your patches (left), with patches and menu-bar-scrollbar set to
`automatic' (middle) and set to nil (right):

I don't know how to grab a screenshot with an open menu -- as soon as
the menu loses focus (needed to run the screenshot program) it
disappears.  So I photographed the screen and grabbed a screenshot of the
images to reduce the size, though it's still more than 500kB and the
quality is poor -- sorry, but maybe it's good enough to see the issues:

Steve Berman