Subject: bug#22000: Patch addressing the menu-bar frame-resize interaction

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 16:34:53 +0300

> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 10:06:27 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], David Engster <[email-masked]>, 
>  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > New patch series - I think this has all the features and functionality
>  > discussed so far.
> 
> Eli, I think this should go to the release branch.  If it introduces any
> problems, we should find out soon enough - I think that most of our GTK
> users leave the menu bar on.  But it is not just a cosmetic change.

Not a cosmetic change, indeed.

I realize that it fixes an annoying misfeature, but it does so by
introducing a significant new feature which requires quite a few code
lines.  For a problem that AFAIU has been with us since time
immemoriam, I'm really uneasy with putting this on emacs-26.  But I'm
fully prepared to hear arguments to the contrary.

Thanks.