Subject: bug#21998: Run 'make change-history' on release branch

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 01:51:17 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > At this point, I give up, since it seems fairly clear that maintaining
  > an accurate ChangeLog just isn't of interest. Even the bare minimum
  > legally relevant mistakes (missing "tiny change") don't seem to be being
  > corrected.

In concrete terms, what is the problem with these mistakes?

Where is the master record of this information now?
Is it being maintained correctly there?

	       Probably just deleting it from the repo would be more honest.

What exactly are you proposing as the new practice
for handling ChangeLog files?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.