Subject: bug#21994: Possible calendar mode bug

From: jan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:15:46 +0000

On previous versions of emacs I exported a monthly calendar using

M-x calendar <RET>

moved to a date then did

H y

which I could then tweak a little and print out.  This doesn't seem to
work as expected in 24.5.1.  I run as a non-admin, but running as an
admin to prevent any odd permission problems I get this in the
*messages* buffer:

"
Saving file c:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/public_html/2015/index.html...
Wrote c:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/public_html/2015/index.html
Preparing diary...
diary-list-entries: Opening input file: no such file or directory,
c:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/diary
"
So it actually produces an output index.html in
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\public_html\2015 but moans
about a diary?

However trying this as a non-admin/normal user I get this (%home% is
C:\+++to_backup+++\to_backup\DVD 08-07-30\emacs_home, and I ask it to
write to a folder C:\Users\jan\Desktop\cal)

"
Saving file c:/Users/jan/Desktop/cal/c/index.html...
Wrote c:/Users/jan/Desktop/cal/c/index.html
Preparing diary...
diary-list-entries: Opening input file: permission denied,
c:/+++to_backup+++/to_backup/DVD 08-07-30/emacs_home/diary
"

So it produces the index.html but gives a permission problem regarding
the diary (why does it need the diary anyway?). I can go to the
location (C:\+++to_backup+++\to_backup\DVD 08-07-30\emacs_home\diary)
and create a file there so I've got permissions, and emacs is running
under my permissions, so what's the problem?

Emacs 24.5.1 running on Windows 2008 R2.  Can anyone reproduce?

cheers

jan