Subject: Re: bug#21990: htmlfontify fails to generate highly highlighted regions

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 23:48:30 +0000

Hong Xu <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm able to reproduce this issue on both the latest snapshot and 24.4.
> My OS is GNU/Linux.

> 2. Press Meta-n multiple times to make sure all changed texts are
> highlighted. It should look like the following:
>
>     https://i.imgur.com/xVdQgxk.png
>
> 3. M-x htmlfontify-buffer, and save the output html file.
>
> 4. Look at it in a browser. The deeply highlighted region (such as the
> "xxxxxxxxxx") is not highlighted at all.
>

To clarify, you are concerned that, as in your image, "xxxximport" is
highlighted a different colour from "sys", but this is not reflected in
htmlfontify-buffer?

In my hands that line is coming in a single colour. Looking at
buffer-substring, I get....

#("+xxxxxxxxxxxximport sys" 0 1 (fontified t face diff-indicator-added) 1 23 (fontified t face diff-added))

i.e. there is only a single font, after the "+". The equivalent HTML
looks like this....

</span><span class="diff-indicator-added">+</span><span class="diff-added">xxxxxxxxxxxximport sys
</span>

which seems correct to me. I've tried 24.4 and current emacs-25 branch.

Am I looking at the right thing?

Phil