Subject: Re: bug#2199: 23.0.60; calendar marks and font-lock-mode

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 20:58:17 -0500

severity 2199 minor
stop

I've taken out the checking of font-lock-mode. The implementation was
broken, since it just depended on which buffer was current when one
loaded calendar.el. And the idea didn't make sense either, since the
relevant features don't use font-lock.

Note that when run from --daemon, (display-color-p) apparently returns
nil (no display at all, I guess). So if you happen to load calendar.el
then, again you won't get faces. Don't know how to fix that, other
than to say customize the markers appropriately if you want to do
that, rather than relying on the defaults.

Stephen Berman wrote:

> There are two additional oddities: 
> (i) Typing `q' in the *Calendar* buffer does nothing -- but on the next
> keystroke, whatever it is, the *Calendar* buffer does disappear. 

No idea about that. I guess the buffer is not getted buried for some
reason.

> (ii) `M-x diary' correctly displays today's diary entries, but the mode
> line consists of the string "---Diar---", rather than the expected
> "-----------------Diary for Thursday, February 5, 2009-----------------"

Couldn't reproduce that. It tries to fit to the width of the frame, so
I can imagine it getting confused it if somehow tries to run from
--daemon, when there is no frame.