Subject: 25.0.50; Creating a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox fails

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:40:32 +0100

Hi!

When opening a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox, an
error is thrown.

Steps to repeat:
    emacs -Q
    (setq debug-on-error t)       ;; To get a backtrace
    C-x C-f a/path/to/a/new/directory/in/a/subversion/sandbox/newfile.txt

The following error is thrown:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such directory found via CDPATH
environment variable")
  signal(error ("No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable"))
  error("No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable")
  cd("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/")
  vc-svn-registered("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  (progn (load "vc-svn" nil t) (vc-svn-registered f))
  (if (vc-find-root f admin-dir) (progn (load "vc-svn" nil t)
(vc-svn-registered f)))
  (let ((admin-dir (cond ((and (eq system-type (quote windows-nt)) (getenv
"SVN_ASP_DOT_NET_HACK")) "_svn") (t ".svn")))) (if (vc-find-root f
admin-dir) (progn (load "vc-svn" nil t) (vc-svn-registered f))))
  vc-svn-registered("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  apply(vc-svn-registered
"/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  vc-call-backend(SVN registered
"/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  #[(b) "\302 \303 #\205 \304 \305 #\205 \306\307\310\"\207" [b file
vc-call-backend registered vc-file-setprop vc-backend throw found t] 4](SVN)
  mapc(#[(b) "\302 \303 #\205 \304 \305 #\205 \306\307\310\"\207" [b file
vc-call-backend registered vc-file-setprop vc-backend throw found t] 4]
(RCS CVS SVN SCCS SRC Bzr Git Hg Mtn))
  vc-registered("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  vc-backend("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  vc-refresh-state()
  run-hooks(find-file-hook)
  after-find-file(t t)
  find-file-noselect-1(#<buffer newfile.txt>
"~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" nil nil "~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt"
nil)
  find-file-noselect("~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" nil nil t)
  find-file("~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" t)
  funcall-interactively(find-file "~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" t)
  call-interactively(find-file nil nil)
  command-execute(find-file)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.18 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS appkit-1038.36
Version 10.6.8 (Build 10K549))
 of 2015-11-21
Repository revision: bb4303c536a2ac5fe683a711ef8072074f77670e
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --with-ns'

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available
<s-backspace> is undefined [3 times]
Use M-x make-directory RET RET to create the directory and its parents
Entering debugger...
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "e nil nil)
  command-execute(find-file)
"

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
debug vc-svn seq ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 95136 9785)
 (symbols 48 20308 0)
 (miscs 40 66 185)
 (strings 32 18203 4241)
 (string-bytes 1 530740)
 (vectors 16 13301)
 (vector-slots 8 438780 4016)
 (floats 8 188 154)
 (intervals 56 286 13)
 (buffers 976 14))