Subject: bug#21984: closed (Re: bug#21984: 25.0.50; Creating a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21984: 25.0.50; Creating a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox fails

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21984: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21984
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21984: 25.0.50; Creating a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox fails
From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 12:30:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>
> > In fact, I sent a mail to the bug server this morning to close it, but it
> > doesn't seem to have been registered.
>
> Hmm... you are right.  Does debbugs have problems again?
>

Looks like it. I've also noticed that 19759 (Release 25.1) list as being
blocked by 21104, however, this has been marked as "done". Also, the
non-existing bug number "1" is part of the list.

I mailed Glenn Morris about this but I got no reply -- maybe gnu.org has
problems with more than the bug server?

    -- Anders

Subject: 25.0.50; Creating a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox fails
From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:40:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

When opening a new file in a new directory in a subversion sandbox, an
error is thrown.

Steps to repeat:
    emacs -Q
    (setq debug-on-error t)       ;; To get a backtrace
    C-x C-f a/path/to/a/new/directory/in/a/subversion/sandbox/newfile.txt

The following error is thrown:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such directory found via CDPATH
environment variable")
  signal(error ("No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable"))
  error("No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable")
  cd("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/")
  vc-svn-registered("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  (progn (load "vc-svn" nil t) (vc-svn-registered f))
  (if (vc-find-root f admin-dir) (progn (load "vc-svn" nil t)
(vc-svn-registered f)))
  (let ((admin-dir (cond ((and (eq system-type (quote windows-nt)) (getenv
"SVN_ASP_DOT_NET_HACK")) "_svn") (t ".svn")))) (if (vc-find-root f
admin-dir) (progn (load "vc-svn" nil t) (vc-svn-registered f))))
  vc-svn-registered("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  apply(vc-svn-registered
"/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  vc-call-backend(SVN registered
"/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  #[(b) "\302 \303 #\205 \304 \305 #\205 \306\307\310\"\207" [b file
vc-call-backend registered vc-file-setprop vc-backend throw found t] 4](SVN)
  mapc(#[(b) "\302 \303 #\205 \304 \305 #\205 \306\307\310\"\207" [b file
vc-call-backend registered vc-file-setprop vc-backend throw found t] 4]
(RCS CVS SVN SCCS SRC Bzr Git Hg Mtn))
  vc-registered("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  vc-backend("/Users/anderslindgren/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt")
  vc-refresh-state()
  run-hooks(find-file-hook)
  after-find-file(t t)
  find-file-noselect-1(#<buffer newfile.txt>
"~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" nil nil "~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt"
nil)
  find-file-noselect("~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" nil nil t)
  find-file("~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" t)
  funcall-interactively(find-file "~/emacs/src/newdir/newfile.txt" t)
  call-interactively(find-file nil nil)
  command-execute(find-file)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.18 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS appkit-1038.36
Version 10.6.8 (Build 10K549))
 of 2015-11-21
Repository revision: bb4303c536a2ac5fe683a711ef8072074f77670e
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --with-ns'

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available
<s-backspace> is undefined [3 times]
Use M-x make-directory RET RET to create the directory and its parents
Entering debugger...
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "e nil nil)
  command-execute(find-file)
"

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
debug vc-svn seq ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 95136 9785)
 (symbols 48 20308 0)
 (miscs 40 66 185)
 (strings 32 18203 4241)
 (string-bytes 1 530740)
 (vectors 16 13301)
 (vector-slots 8 438780 4016)
 (floats 8 188 154)
 (intervals 56 286 13)
 (buffers 976 14))