Subject: bug#21982: 25.1.50; Building emacs-25 branch fails

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:35:50 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> If the abort is reproducible, by all means please do, and thanks.

git bisect says that:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
c210b8b128c17929dbb8e0b0564ee25930d44dd1 is the first bad commit
commit c210b8b128c17929dbb8e0b0564ee25930d44dd1
Author: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Nov 19 21:32:43 2015 +0100
    Discover repository version in linked worktrees (bug#21930)
    
    * lisp/version.el (emacs-repository--version-git-1): Do not assume
    HEAD is at .git/HEAD, it can also be at .git/worktrees/<branch>/HEAD.
    (emacs-repository-get-version): Grok linked worktrees when EXTERNAL
    is nil too.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I verified that it is indeed bad and that the parent commit is good,
whereby "good" means it builds successfully and "bad" means building
fails.

Does that help?

Regards,

Michael.