Subject: 25.0.50; ido-mode does not rebind ffap-find-file-function

From: Clément Pit--Claudel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 17:39:29 -0500

Hi all,

Running the following recipe results in a basic file prompt, instead of
the one provided by ido:

        emacs -Q
        M-x ido-mode RET
        M-x ffap RET

Shouldn't ido set ffap-file-finder to ido-find-file? If so, I can
provide a patch.

Clément.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-10-20
Repository revision: 13274cd5d9eb87273c14656084286d5321193858
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela

Configured using:
 'configure CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Ido mode enabled
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils ffap
thingatpt url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars ido seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 101902 7933)
 (symbols 48 21011 0)
 (miscs 40 38 133)
 (strings 32 23305 5525)
 (string-bytes 1 610027)
 (vectors 16 13483)
 (vector-slots 8 447780 3326)
 (floats 8 191 36)
 (intervals 56 200 0)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 22428 1021))