Subject: bug#21965: 24.5; Emacs freezes when canceling at open file

From: Maneesh Yadav <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:32:36 -0800

Apologies for the debug newbieness...this shows that the debug symbols
are in there, correct?

maneeshyadav$ otool -Iv /opt/local/bin/emacs

/opt/local/bin/emacs:

Indirect symbols for (__TEXT,__stubs) 256 entries

address            index name

0x0000000100151d60  6480 _htmlReadMemory

0x0000000100151d66  6610 _xmlCheckVersion

0x0000000100151d6c  6611 _xmlCleanupParser

0x0000000100151d72  6612 _xmlDocGetRootElement

0x0000000100151d78  6613 _xmlFreeDoc

0x0000000100151d7e  6614 _xmlReadMemory

0x0000000100151d84  6588 _tgetent

0x0000000100151d8a  6589 _tgetflag

0x0000000100151d90  6590 _tgetnum

0x0000000100151d96  6591 _tgetstr

0x0000000100151d9c  6592 _tgoto

0x0000000100151da2  6596 _tparm

0x0000000100151da8  6597 _tputs

0x0000000100151dae  6352 __NSGetEnviron

0x0000000100151db4  6353 ___assert_rtn

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM, John Wiegley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>> Maneesh Yadav <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ok I just did it again had to mash Ctrl-g a little (still not sure if it is
>> Ctrl-g-g or Ctrl-g Ctrl-g that triggers it) but a similar backtrace. Just
>> confirming I could replicate it 'on command' (sort of).
>
> Ok, the next step will be to build you Emacs with debugging, and see if that
> adds more to the trace. We may need to start adding some print statements, to
> find out if `wait_reading_process_output' is really the blocking call.
>
> John