Subject: Re: bug#21960: 25.1.50; add info binding to copy node as @xref

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 07:34:58 +0800

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 6:17 AM, Tom Tromey <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Tom,

> Right now I can use "c" to copy the info node name in a basic way, or
> "M-0 c" to copy the node name in a lispy way (nice!).
>
> However, it would also be very handy to be able to copy the info node
> name as a texinfo @xref string.  This is useful when authoring -- I
> could find the info node I want to link to, then copy it as something to
> insert into the texinfo file I'm editing.

There are many ways to add a cross reference: @xref (starts a
sentence), @ref (at the end of a sentence), @pxref (within
parentheses) etc.

And the arguments are not immutable.  Apart from the node name, it can
also contain the cross reference name (although usually omitted),
section name (used in printed manual), Info file name (if it is
different from the current file, for example, an @pxref from
doc/lispref/ to doc/emacs/) and printed manual name.

Do you want a general command or a specific command[1]?

[1] Something like copying this: @xref{Printed Representation}