Subject: bug#2196: 23.0.90; rmail not reading email

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:57:12 -0500

Glenn Morris wrote (on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 at 22:58 -0500):

> Installed, bug closed.

I'm told, off-list, that the installed version (I moved the includes
inside ifdef MAIL_USE_POP) causes breakage. I cannot reproduce. Can
someone fix? Thanks.

    (mbx_delimit_begin): Also write the current time.

    2 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
    boot=bootstrap-emacs;                         \
    if [ -x "src/$boot" ]; then boot=""; fi;                   \
    cd lib-src; make all                            \
    CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign ' CPPFLAGS='-D_BSD_SOURCE  ' \
    LDFLAGS='-Wl,-znocombreloc ' MAKE='make' BOOTSTRAPEMACS="$boot"
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src'
    gcc -c -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
    -I/usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src -I/usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/../src
    -D_BSD_SOURCE   -g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign  -Demacs
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c: In function 'main':
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c:326: warning: ignoring return
    value of 'mktemp', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c: In function 'error':
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c:624: warning: format not a
    string literal and no format arguments
    In file included from /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c:687:
    /usr/include/time.h: At top level:
    /usr/include/time.h:187: error: conflicting types for 'time'
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c:362: error: previous implicit
    declaration of 'time' was here
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c: In function 'popmail':
    /usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src/movemail.c:762: warning: ignoring return
    value of 'fchown', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    make[1]: *** [movemail.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/lib-src'
    make: *** [lib-src] Error 2