Subject: bug#21957: 24.5; Make occur search within regions when there is one

From: Li Ian-Xue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 13:29:13 +0800

Yes, that is what I did when I found out `occur' doesn't do regions. A
friend of mine suggested
that a combination of narrowing (C-x n w) and M-s o should do the trick,
and it did.

Nevertheless still I would still prefer `occur' to accept a regional
parameter,
as it would be much straight forward mode of operation.

Thank you.

Juri Linkov 於 西元2015年11月20日 08:04 寫道:
>> This is a wish request.
>>
>> The current occur implementation doesn't include a `region' version
>> which search only within the current region mark by user, instead it
>> operates on the entire buffer.
>>
>> It would come in handy if occur searchs within regions as well. Such
>> behavior is desired, for example, when listing the occurances of a
>> symbol in the body of a function definition.
> Do you think it would suit your needs when you first narrow the buffer
> (e.g. to the body of a function with C-x n d) before running occur?