Subject: bug#21955: closed (Re: bug#21955: 25.0.50; vc-next-action fails from *vc-change-log* buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:25:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21955: 25.0.50; vc-next-action fails from *vc-change-log* buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21955: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21955
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21955: 25.0.50; vc-next-action fails from *vc-change-log* buffer
From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
To: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:24:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

On 2015-11-19 03:40 +0200, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> On 11/18/2015 09:42 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
>> It used to work in Emacs 24, and I have come to rely on that behavior.
>> Apparently the fix for bug #19084 changed it, vc-deduce-fileset in the
>> *vc-change-log* buffer no longer returns the file whose history is
>> displayed, but rather the directory it is in.
>
> All right, I've tweaked the fix to the above bug, so that both
> behaviors work. Pushed to emacs-25. Please check and mark it as done,
> if everything works fine.

It does, thank you. :-)

Cheers,
       Sven

Subject: 25.0.50; vc-next-action fails from *vc-change-log* buffer
From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 19:47:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Visit some file in a git repository, make a change and save it. Press
C-x v l do view the file's version history.  Press C-x v v to commit
your changes.  Result is an error:

vc-next-action: Wrong type argument: listp, "/usr/local/src/emacs/"

Of course, the last argument is the default-directory here.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.28)
 of 2015-11-18
Repository revision: bb4303c536a2ac5fe683a711ef8072074f77670e
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11703000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --build i586-linux-gnu --host i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-snapshot --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-wide-int --disable-silent-rules --without-compress-install
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk2 --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 build_alias=i586-linux-gnu host_alias=i586-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Git-Log-View

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Saving file /usr/local/src/emacs/BUGS...
Wrote /usr/local/src/emacs/BUGS
vc-next-action: Wrong type argument: listp, "/usr/local/src/emacs/"

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs add-log log-view pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 95807 6514)
 (symbols 24 20842 0)
 (miscs 20 58 118)
 (strings 16 19201 3353)
 (string-bytes 1 551091)
 (vectors 8 14402)
 (vector-slots 4 457909 2418)
 (floats 8 176 70)
 (intervals 28 337 7)
 (buffers 520 13)
 (heap 1024 29332 521))