Subject: bug#21955: 25.0.50; vc-next-action fails from *vc-change-log* buffer

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 03:40:51 +0200

On 11/18/2015 09:42 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:

> It used to work in Emacs 24, and I have come to rely on that behavior.
> Apparently the fix for bug #19084 changed it, vc-deduce-fileset in the
> *vc-change-log* buffer no longer returns the file whose history is
> displayed, but rather the directory it is in.

All right, I've tweaked the fix to the above bug, so that both behaviors 
work. Pushed to emacs-25. Please check and mark it as done, if 
everything works fine.

But I don't think this behavior makes a lot of sense, in general. So 
e.g. vc-print-root-log displays the log for the whole repository, but 
vc-next-action will offer you to commit the changes to the file you 
opened the log buffer from, and not the whole repository.

Same for vc-root-diff.

> Certainly the behavior of C-x v L is more correct now, but the one of
> C-x v l has regressed.

Indeed, it also regressed the more sensible scenario: when vc-print-log 
was called after selecting a few items in vc-dir buffer.