Subject: bug#21953: Eliminate warnings in the emacs-25 release branch

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:50:34 +0000

Hello, Dmitry.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 04:36:28PM +0200, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> Hi Alan,

> On 11/25/2015 11:31 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > Actually, at the time I wrote that email, there were two.  One of those
> > only showed itself when the cc-*.el files were compiled one at a time
> > (as is done in building Emacs) rather than all together.  But I've got
> > rid of these last two too.

> Right. Apparently, I just tested with that last fix already pulled.

> > The backward compatibility stuff has been there for decades (well, over
> > ten years anyway, possibly over twenty).  Most of the stuff in cc-fix.el
> > has been fixed in all supported platforms, in particular in Emacs.  That
> > is why cc-fix.el isn't needed (and doesn't exist) in Emacs.  But
> > `delete-dups' still doesn't exist in XEmacs 21.4.x.

> I meant specifically compatibility code designed to avoid byte 
> compilation warnings (like ones about obsolete functions usage), but not 
> errors, on any of the supported platforms.

There are none of these in CC Mode, so far as I'm aware.

But it seems to me we are getting a lot more of these "obsolete"
warnings than we used to - well over 800 at the latest count.

> I've been under impression that an old-enough package must have some of 
> those.

I would have thought so too.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).