Subject: Re: bug#21953: Eliminate warnings in the emacs-25 release branch

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:36:28 +0200

Hi Alan,

On 11/25/2015 11:31 AM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Actually, at the time I wrote that email, there were two.  One of those
> only showed itself when the cc-*.el files were compiled one at a time
> (as is done in building Emacs) rather than all together.  But I've got
> rid of these last two too.

Right. Apparently, I just tested with that last fix already pulled.

> The backward compatibility stuff has been there for decades (well, over
> ten years anyway, possibly over twenty).  Most of the stuff in cc-fix.el
> has been fixed in all supported platforms, in particular in Emacs.  That
> is why cc-fix.el isn't needed (and doesn't exist) in Emacs.  But
> `delete-dups' still doesn't exist in XEmacs 21.4.x.

I meant specifically compatibility code designed to avoid byte 
compilation warnings (like ones about obsolete functions usage), but not 
errors, on any of the supported platforms.

I've been under impression that an old-enough package must have some of 
those.