Subject: 25.1.50; Pcvs fails to list CVS entries

From: Ivan Cibrario Bertolotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:11:00 +0100

When trying to list CVS entries using the pcvs builtin package,
for instance by means of the C-u <return> on any CVS directory
in a dired buffer, the following error message comes out:

cvs-fileinfo-from-entries: Invalid time zone specification: utc

The issue can probably be tracked down to the use of 'utc as third
argument of format-time-string at line 468 of pcvs-info.el.  Afaik,
the semantics of this argument have been changed in July 2015.

Thank you in advance for your attention,
ICB

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1112))
of 2015-11-17
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  type-break-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/cibrario/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...
File /Users/cibrario/Desktop/Fat_0001/ICB_KEY#2/untitled folder/Curriculum_Bantu.doc removed from the recentf list
File /Users/cibrario/Desktop/Home/tmp/xetex/test.tex removed from the recentf list
File /Users/cibrario/Desktop/Home/tmp/xetex/test.log removed from the recentf list
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (3 removed)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
ls does not support --dired; see ‘dired-use-ls-dired’ for more details.
cvs-fileinfo-from-entries: Invalid time zone specification: utc
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug sendmail pcvs vc-cvs
pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs ewoc psvn advice cl log-edit message
dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ring pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode easy-mmode warnings server seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode type-break paren recentf
tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cus-start cus-load
exec-path-from-shell finder-inf info tex-site package easymenu
epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 125698 12160)
(symbols 48 24392 0)
(miscs 40 83 253)
(strings 32 28761 5184)
(string-bytes 1 803918)
(vectors 16 17071)
(vector-slots 8 469060 3682)
(floats 8 196 75)
(intervals 56 369 14)
(buffers 976 18))

-- 
Ivan Cibrario Bertolotti             /  phone: +39 011 0905426
CNR - National Research Council     /  fax:   +39 011 0905429
IEIIT c/o Politecnico di Torino    /
Turin (Italy)                     /  mailto:[email-masked]