Subject: bug#21934: closed (Re: bug#21934: 24.5; find-tag: reading TAGS file incorrectly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:26:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21934: 24.5; find-tag: reading TAGS file incorrectly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21934: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21934
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21934: 24.5; find-tag: reading TAGS file incorrectly
From: Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:25:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 24.5; find-tag: reading TAGS file incorrectly
From: Andreas Matthias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:47:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

find-tag does not read the TAGS file correctly. This concerns
all tags in the TAGS file which contain a period, e.g.: Shape.getPos.

Attached is a lua-file with its corresponding TAGS file. Running
M-x find-tag <TAB> does not list the tags correctly.

I think the problem is in function etags-tags-completion-table() in etags.el.
Here is a patch:

--- etags.el.orig	2015-11-16 20:25:20.153470934 +0100
+++ etags.el	2015-11-16 20:25:27.101470859 +0100
@@ -1285,8 +1285,8 @@
       ;;   \6 is the line to start searching at;
       ;;   \7 is the char to start searching at.
       (while (re-search-forward
-	      "^\\(\\([^\177]+[^-a-zA-Z0-9_+*$:\177]+\\)?\
-\\([-a-zA-Z0-9_+*$?:]+\\)[^-a-zA-Z0-9_+*$?:\177]*\\)\177\
+	      "^\\(\\([^\177]+[^-.a-zA-Z0-9_+*$:\177]+\\)?\
+\\([-.a-zA-Z0-9_+*$?:]+\\)[^-.a-zA-Z0-9_+*$?:\177]*\\)\177\
 \\(\\([^\n\001]+\\)\001\\)?\\([0-9]+\\)?,\\([0-9]+\\)?\n"
 	      nil t)
 	(intern	(prog1 (if (match-beginning 5)

Andreas

In GNU Emacs 24.5.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-08-25 on winky
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/andreas/local/emacs-24.5'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow flyspell ispell nnir emacsbug misearch multi-isearch derived
apropos help-mode thingatpt ac-etags etags lua-mode rx flow-fill
mule-util w3m-form w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired image-mode
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util mm-archive qp vc-dispatcher vc-svn sort gnus-cite
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft
nnmh nnfolder parse-time bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com netrc
network-stream auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
password-cache dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit flymake compile comint ansi-color
ring paren cus-start cus-load bbdb bbdb-site timezone git-messenger
auto-complete-auctex latex easy-mmode tex-style tex dbus xml crm advice
help-fns mmm-noweb mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl auto-complete-config auto-complete
edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv popup cl-loaddefs cl-lib tex-site info
easymenu package epg-config time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 463756 69676)
 (symbols 48 162620 0)
 (miscs 40 205 925)
 (strings 32 181716 11817)
 (string-bytes 1 4773158)
 (vectors 16 34424)
 (vector-slots 8 759595 16405)
 (floats 8 357 427)
 (intervals 56 17755 62)
 (buffers 960 35)
 (heap 1024 70832 3857))