Subject: bug#21927: 25.0.50; package-list-packages: url-insert-buffer-contents is void

From: Samer Masterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:02:54 -0800

Hi,

When I call "package-list-packages", I get the following errors in
*Messages*:

error in process filter: Symbol’s function definition is void:
url-insert-buffer-contents [2 times]
Package refresh done
error in process filter: Symbol’s function definition is void:
url-insert-buffer-contents [2 times]

I assume it was introduced by commit
7cc233e1e3da297882c006c1f07c628fbd4e94d5.

It's fixed by making url-insert-buffer-contents autoload:

------------------------diff start
diff --git a/lisp/url/url-handlers.el b/lisp/url/url-handlers.el
index bafe3e5..d13df69 100644
--- a/lisp/url/url-handlers.el
+++ b/lisp/url/url-handlers.el
@@ -309,6 +309,7 @@ url-insert
 
 (defvar url-http-codes)
 
+;;;###autoload
 (defun url-insert-buffer-contents (buffer url &optional visit beg end
 replace)
   "Insert the contents of BUFFER into current buffer.
 This is like `url-insert', but also decodes the current buffer as
------------------------diff end

Best,
Samer

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.3)
 of 2015-11-15
Repository revision: dbc090aeabe2cf80b1ab213b101c58d362a88d12
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version
11.0.11701000
System Description:     Ubuntu 15.04

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix /home/samer/local --with-wide-int'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80932 9289)
 (symbols 48 19103 1)
 (miscs 40 217 110)
 (strings 32 12743 4493)
 (string-bytes 1 374403)
 (vectors 16 10826)
 (vector-slots 8 416542 5634)
 (floats 8 142 37)
 (intervals 56 204 0)
 (buffers 976 12)
 (heap 1024 35633 964))