Subject: "make check" fails: "guix package: error: socket: Protocol not supported"

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 12:42:09 -0800

Hi all,

Sorry about that last email. I fat-fingered the send button before I
had finished writing it.

I wanted to let you know that when I ran the following command from
the guix git repository root, the tests during "make check" failed:

guix environment guix -- bash -c './bootstrap && ./configure
--localstatedir=/var && make && make check'

The tests which failed were:

tests/guix-package
tests/guix-package-net

They both failed with the following error message:

"guix package: error: socket: Protocol not supported"

The commit that I was using was 2abcc93. The system I am using is
GuixSD, specifically a 0.9.0 installation of it on a bare metal
laptop. I've attached the test suite log for your reference.

Any idea why these tests failed, and how I can make these tests pass?

Thank you,
Chris Marusich