Subject: bug#21925: closed (Re: bug#21925: Additional information for bug report: 21925)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:47:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21924: "make check" fails: "guix package: error: socket: Protocol not supported"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21924: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21924
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21925: Additional information for bug report: 21925
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:46:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Could you apply this patch
>
> The patch fixes the problem for me. Now, all the tests run during
> "make check" succeed, and when I ran the following command, it worked
> as expected:
>
> ./pre-inst-env guix package -i autoconf

OK, pushed as b7f4677.

Thank you for testing!

Ludo’.

Subject: "make check" fails: "guix package: error: socket: Protocol not supported"
From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 12:42:09 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

Sorry about that last email. I fat-fingered the send button before I
had finished writing it.

I wanted to let you know that when I ran the following command from
the guix git repository root, the tests during "make check" failed:

guix environment guix -- bash -c './bootstrap && ./configure
--localstatedir=/var && make && make check'

The tests which failed were:

tests/guix-package
tests/guix-package-net

They both failed with the following error message:

"guix package: error: socket: Protocol not supported"

The commit that I was using was 2abcc93. The system I am using is
GuixSD, specifically a 0.9.0 installation of it on a bare metal
laptop. I've attached the test suite log for your reference.

Any idea why these tests failed, and how I can make these tests pass?

Thank you,
Chris Marusich