Subject: bug#21922: Fwd: bug#21922: Fwd: Patch for fixing "straigh-quote" case

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:55:55 -0400

Luis Henriquez-Perez <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> I meant to say (looking-at-p "[[:space:]\n]*quote\\_>")
>
> I changed "[[:space:]\n]" -> "[[:space:]]\n" because I think that's what
> you meant.

No, this time I actually managed to write what I meant :)

"[[:space:]\n]*" will match any number of whitespace-syntax or newline
characters, whereas "[[:space:]]\n*" will match exactly one
whitespace-syntax character, followed by any number of newlines.

> I'm new to contributing patches. Is there anything else I need to do
> to get this into emacs?

It would be more convenient to have your change as a patch, rather than
just the resulting code.  If you have the Emacs git repo, committing
locally and attaching the result of 'git format-patch' as described in
CONTRIBUTE would be the best way.  Otherwise, even just the output of

    diff -u lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mode.el.original lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mode.el

would be helpful.

Oh, and adding a test to test/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mode-tests.el would
be good as well (e.g., to catch mistakes like using "[[:space:]]\n*"
instead of "[[:space:]\n]*").