Subject: 25.0.50; describe-symbols cannot be debugged with Edebug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:32:54 +0200

M-x load-file RET lisp/help-fns.el
C-x C-f lisp/help-fns.el RET

Go to the describe-symbol function and type:

M-x edebug-defun RET

This signals an error:

  pcase--macroexpand: Unknown edebug-enter pattern: (edebug-enter (quote describe-symbol) nil (function (lambda nil (edebug-after 0 80 descfn))))

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.7 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-11-14
Repository revision: 855c6e8cdb9b0875ce9c5b2b0fd3e74a15888278
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark saved where search started
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
Loading d:/gnu/git/emacs/branch/lisp/help-fns.el (source)...done
Edebug: edebug-anon0
Edebug: edebug-anon1
Edebug: edebug-anon2
Edebug: describe-symbol
pcase--macroexpand: Unknown edebug-enter pattern: (edebug-enter (quote describe-symbol) nil (function (lambda nil (edebug-after 0 80 descfn))))

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-macs edebug help-fns character-fold
misearch multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 106834 6483)
 (symbols 56 21746 0)
 (miscs 48 51 150)
 (strings 16 23538 23523)
 (string-bytes 1 583706)
 (vectors 16 13868)
 (vector-slots 8 479693 4759)
 (floats 8 163 88)
 (intervals 40 540 207)
 (buffers 856 12))