Subject: bug#21920: closed (Re: bug#21920: 25.0.50; describe-symbols cannot be debugged with Edebug)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21920: 25.0.50; describe-symbols cannot be debugged with Edebug

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21920: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21920
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21920: 25.0.50; describe-symbols cannot be debugged with Edebug
From: Johan Bockgård <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:45:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing.

Subject: 25.0.50; describe-symbols cannot be debugged with Edebug
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:32:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

M-x load-file RET lisp/help-fns.el
C-x C-f lisp/help-fns.el RET

Go to the describe-symbol function and type:

M-x edebug-defun RET

This signals an error:

  pcase--macroexpand: Unknown edebug-enter pattern: (edebug-enter (quote describe-symbol) nil (function (lambda nil (edebug-after 0 80 descfn))))

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.7 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-11-14
Repository revision: 855c6e8cdb9b0875ce9c5b2b0fd3e74a15888278
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark saved where search started
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
Loading d:/gnu/git/emacs/branch/lisp/help-fns.el (source)...done
Edebug: edebug-anon0
Edebug: edebug-anon1
Edebug: edebug-anon2
Edebug: describe-symbol
pcase--macroexpand: Unknown edebug-enter pattern: (edebug-enter (quote describe-symbol) nil (function (lambda nil (edebug-after 0 80 descfn))))

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-macs edebug help-fns character-fold
misearch multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 106834 6483)
 (symbols 56 21746 0)
 (miscs 48 51 150)
 (strings 16 23538 23523)
 (string-bytes 1 583706)
 (vectors 16 13868)
 (vector-slots 8 479693 4759)
 (floats 8 163 88)
 (intervals 40 540 207)
 (buffers 856 12))