Subject: Re: bug#21909: Segfault with eigen in R

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:25:50 -0500

I've opened an issue in the OpenBLAS repo [1].

  https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS/issues/703

I'm trying to answer their questions, but, as is apparent in that
thread, I'm not really familiar with debugging these sorts of problems.
Since others are able to reproduce the error, any help over there would
be very appreciated.

[1] The last post suggested it may be an R issue rather than an OpenBLAS
    one, but I wanted to be more sure of that before going to R
    developers, especially given their comment about the --with-lapack
    flag:

    "Please do bear in mind that using --with-lapack is 'definitely not
    recommended': it is provided only because it is necessary on some
    platforms and because some users want to experiment with claimed
    performance improvements. Reporting problems where it is used
    unnecessarily will simply irritate the R helpers."

    https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#LAPACK

--
Kyle