Subject: Re: bug#21905: 24.3; Emacs doesn't support tmux-256color

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 23:37:37 +0200

close 21905 26.1
thanks

Random832 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Emacs doesn't support 256 colors in tmux. This can be fixed the "easy"
> way by creating term/tmux.el basically identical to term/screen.el, but
> a more thorough fix would be to run xterm-register-default-colors for
> any terminal in which colors is 256 (or 88) and setaf 17 returns a
> string containing "38;5;17".

It seems like tmux support was added in 26.1, specifically by this commit:

commit bd34a6c73f2651e9413b138cf98240faf559c790
Author: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Jan 1 11:50:59 2017 -0500

    Add term/tmux.el

    Since tmux version 2.1, new tmux terminfos are shipped due to oddities
    with xterm and screen terminfos.  This is simply a duplication of
    term/screen.el with screen -> tmux.
    * lisp/term/tmux.el: New file.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.  Please test Emacs 26.1 or later
and report back if it still doesn't work as expected.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas