Subject: 24.5; DocBook dbnotn.rnc notation.class is missing PDF

From: Daniel Barrett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 19:54:53 -0500

The file /usr/share/emacs/24.5/etc/schema/dbnotn.rnc has a definition
"notation.class" that contains a list of file types, such as "JPEG"
and "PNG". Please add "PDF" to this list. I can confirm that O'Reilly
Media, who I believe created the DocBook DTD, uses "PDF" for this
purpose in the DocBook source code of its books. (I am an O'Reilly
author.) Without "PDF", emacs nxml-mode reports that documents are invalid
when they are not.

Here is a diff:

$ diff -c dbnotn.rnc.orig dbnotn.rnc
*** dbnotn.rnc.orig     2015-11-11 19:53:07.960289145 -0500
--- dbnotn.rnc  2015-11-11 19:53:24.816521679 -0500
***************
*** 65,70 ****
--- 65,71 ----
    | "JPEG"
    | "IGES"
    | "PCX"
+   | "PDF"
    | "PIC"
    | "PNG"
    | "PS"

Thank you very much.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-17 on lgw01-52, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.10

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: nXML

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50autoconf.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...
Loading debian-ispell...
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-default.el (source)...done
Loading debian-ispell...done
Loading /var/cache/dictionaries-common/emacsen-ispell-dicts.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50php-elisp.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Using schema /usr/share/emacs/24.5/etc/schema/docbook.rnc

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr warnings emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns easymenu
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 142216 7995)
 (symbols 48 20378 0)
 (miscs 40 61 133)
 (strings 32 22227 5053)
 (string-bytes 1 511005)
 (vectors 16 15809)
 (vector-slots 8 510996 5203)
 (floats 8 469 203)
 (intervals 56 1456 0)
 (buffers 960 20)
 (heap 1024 34629 2108))

--