Subject: bug#21870: closed (Re: bug#21870: 25.0.50; image now shown after decrypting image file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 02:54:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21870: 25.0.50; image now shown after decrypting image file

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21870: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21870
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21870: 25.0.50; image now shown after decrypting image file
From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
To: Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:52:53 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Thanks for forwarding.  Hmm, it seems that normal-mode is actually
>> called, but image-mode tries to load the contents from the file, not
>> from the buffer.  Does the following hack look correct?
>>
>> (It seems reading test.jpeg.gz works because ImageMagick supports
>> compressed files.)
>
> Yes -- seems that did the trick. Just tried it with the patch and the
> image is now shown as expected.

Thanks for testing.  Since the check was brittle, I have installed a
slightly modified version to both master and emacs-25:
http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=58e62350

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno

Subject: 25.0.50; image now shown after decrypting image file
From: Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:30:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It seems the auto-decryption functionality does not work correctly for
encrypted images - that is, decryption works, but then the image is not
shown.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open an encrypted image file (say, test.jpeg.gpg)
2) Enter the passphrase, when asked (by easypg I assume)
3) Now, see a small rectangle in the upper left of the current window;
   instead of the expected image

Expected behavior would be to see the image, just as if opening
test.jpeg directly.

The mentioned rectangle does seem to point the correct data (when
looking at it with image-toggle-display. 

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.129 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.2)
 of 2015-11-02
Repository revision: d4352f813a0703cc7f7a873525131b272ef0c105
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11799902
System Description:	Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three)

Configured using:
 'configure
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig::/usr/local/Cellar/sqlite/3.7.15.1/lib/pkgconfig/'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11